Rosanil Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Avar Cleanser, Avar Gel, Avar LS Cleanser, Avar-E, Avar-E Emollient, Avar-E Green, Avar-E LS, BP 10-Wash, Clarifoam EF, Clenia Emollient Cream, Clenia Foaming Wash, Garimide, Plexion, Plexion Cleanser, Plexion Cleansing Cloths, Plexion SCT, Prascion, Prascion Cleanser, Prascion FC Cloths, Prascion RA, Rosaderm Cleanser, Rosanil Cleanser, Rosula, SE 10-5 SS, Sulfacet-R, Sulfatol SS, SulZee Wash, Sumadan, Sumadan Wash, Sumaxin, Sumaxin CP, Sumaxin TS, Sumaxin Wash, Suphera, Topisulf, Zencia Wash, Zetacet
Generic Name: sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical (Pronunciation: SUL fa SEET a mide SOE dee um and SUL fur TOP i kal)
- What is sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical (Rosanil)?
- What are the possible side effects of sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- What is the most important information I should know about sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- How should I use sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while using sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- What other drugs will affect sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
- Where can I get more information?
What is sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical (Rosanil)?
Sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur are antibiotic that fight bacteria.
The combination of sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical (for the skin) is used to treat acne, rosacea, and seborrheic dermatitis (a red, flaking skin rash).
Sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- new or worsening skin rash;
- joint pain;
- fever; or
- mouth sores.
Less serious side effects may include redness, warmth, swelling, itching, stinging, burning, or irritation of treated skin.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Rosanil (sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur cleanser) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical?
You should not use this medication if you are allergy to sulfa drugs or if you have kidney disease.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If this does happen, rinse with water.
Do not cover the treated skin area unless your doctor has told you to.
Avoid using other medications on the areas you treat with sulfacetamide sodium and sulfur topical unless your doctor tells you to.
Additional Rosanil Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.