How does Rusty-leaved Rhododendron work?
Rusty-leaved rhododendron contains chemicals that lower blood pressure. It also contains chemicals that interfere with the electrical activity of nerves, which at low doses might relieve pain associated with some conditions, but at higher doses can result in poisoning.
Are there safety concerns?
Rusty-leaved rhododendron is UNSAFE
. The entire plant is considered poisonous. Taking rusty-leaved rhododendron can cause weakness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, low blood pressure, slow heartbeat, irregular heartbeat, and blurred vision. Symptoms of poisoning include sweating, impaired consciousness, chills, fainting, shock, seizure, cardiac and respiratory arrest, severe stupor, and possibly death.
Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
: It's UNSAFE
for anyone, especially pregnant or breast-feeding women, to take rusty-leaved rhododendron. It contains poisonous chemicals.
Dosing considerations for Rusty-leaved Rhododendron.
The appropriate dose of rusty-leaved rhododendron depends on several factors such as the user's age, health, and several other conditions. At this time there is not enough scientific information to determine an appropriate range of doses for rusty-leaved rhododendron. Keep in mind that natural products are not always necessarily safe and dosages can be important. Be sure to follow relevant directions on product labels and consult your pharmacist or physician or other healthcare professional before using.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.