"Jan. 29, 2013 -- Older women with heart problems may be at greater risk for mental changes that are thought to signal the beginnings of a type of dementia, a new study shows.
Called vascular dementia, it is a type of mental decline that"...
Rythmol Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Rythmol, Rythmol SR
Generic Name: propafenone (Pronunciation: proe PAF e none)
- What is propafenone (Rythmol)?
- What are the possible side effects of propafenone (Rythmol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about propafenone (Rythmol)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking propafenone (Rythmol)?
- How should I take propafenone (Rythmol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rythmol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rythmol)?
- What should I avoid while taking propafenone (Rythmol)?
- What other drugs will affect propafenone (Rythmol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is propafenone (Rythmol)?
Propafenone is in a group of drugs called Class IC anti-arrhythmics. It affects the way your heart beats.
Propafenone is used in certain situations to prevent serious heart rhythm disorders.
Propafenone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Propafenone 225 mg-PAR
oblong, peach/white, imprinted with par 209
Proprafenone 150 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with ETH, 331
Proprafenone 225 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with 332, ETH
Proprafenone 300 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with 333, ETH
Rhythmol SR 225 mg
white, imprinted with a225
Rythmol 150 mg
round, white, imprinted with 150 LOGO
Rythmol 225 mg
round, white, imprinted with 225 LOGO
What are the possible side effects of propafenone (Rythmol)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- chest pain, rapid heart rate, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- fever, chills, sore throat, flu symptoms, weakness;
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- seizure; or
- slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing (breathing may stop).
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, anxiety, loss of balance or coordination;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite;
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin;
- tired feeling;
- ringing in your ears;
- unusual dreams; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Rythmol (propafenone) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about propafenone (Rythmol)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to propafenone, or if you have untreated or uncontrolled congestive heart failure, a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker), slow heartbeats or severely low blood pressure, an electrolyte imbalance, or a breathing disorder such as asthma.
Before you take propafenone, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, liver or kidney disease, lupus, arthritis, myasthenia gravis, or if you have had a heart attack within the past 2 years.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as weak pulse, slow breathing, feeling like you might pass out, feeling short of breath, swelling, rapid weight gain, pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, or seizure.
Additional Rythmol Information
Rythmol - User Reviews
Rythmol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.