"By Megan Brooks
Medscape Medical News
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will require makers of prescription testosterone products to clarify the approved uses of these medications on the product label and add information"...
Rythmol SR Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What are the possible side effects of propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- How should I take propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rythmol SR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rythmol SR)?
- What should I avoid while taking propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What other drugs will affect propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to propafenone, or if you have:
- untreated or uncontrolled congestive heart failure;
- a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker);
- slow heartbeats or severely low blood pressure;
- a severe or uncontrolled electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium in your blood); or
- a breathing disorder such as severe COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder).
To make sure you can safely take propafenone, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- congestive heart failure;
- a breathing disorder;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- myasthenia gravis; or
- if you have had a heart attack within the past 2 years.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether propafenone will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether propafenone passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while you are using propafenone.
How should I take propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
You may take propafenone with or without food.
Conditions that may cause very low blood pressure include: vomiting, diarrhea, heavy sweating, heart disease, dialysis, a low salt diet, or taking diuretics (water pills). Tell your doctor if you have a prolonged illness that causes diarrhea or vomiting.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood may need to be tested often. Visit your doctor regularly.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Additional Rythmol SR Information
- Rythmol SR Drug Interactions Center: propafenone oral
- Rythmol SR Side Effects Center
- Rythmol SR Overview including Precautions
- Rythmol SR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Rythmol SR - User Reviews
Rythmol SR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.