"Male twin Vietnam veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) were more than twice as likely as those without PTSD to develop heart disease during a 13-year period, according to a study supported by the National Institutes of Health."...
Rythmol SR Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Rythmol, Rythmol SR
Generic Name: propafenone (Pronunciation: proe PAF e none)
- What is propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What are the possible side effects of propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- How should I take propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Rythmol SR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Rythmol SR)?
- What should I avoid while taking propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- What other drugs will affect propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
Propafenone is in a group of drugs called Class IC anti-arrhythmics. It affects the way your heart beats.
Propafenone is used in certain situations to prevent serious heart rhythm disorders.
Propafenone may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Propafenone 225 mg-PAR
capsule, peach/white, imprinted with par 209
Proprafenone 150 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with ETH, 331
Proprafenone 225 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with 332, ETH
Proprafenone 300 mg-ETH
round, white, imprinted with 333, ETH
Rhythmol SR 225 mg
capsule, white, imprinted with a 225
Rythmol 150 mg
round, white, imprinted with 150 LOGO
Rythmol 225 mg
round, white, imprinted with 225 LOGO
What are the possible side effects of propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain;
- chest pain, rapid heart rate, pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- fever, chills, sore throat, flu symptoms, weakness;
- confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior;
- seizure; or
- slow heart rate, weak pulse, fainting, slow breathing (breathing may stop).
Less serious side effects may include:
- dizziness, anxiety, loss of balance or coordination;
- unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation, loss of appetite;
- warmth, redness, or tingly feeling under your skin;
- tired feeling;
- ringing in your ears;
- unusual dreams; or
- blurred vision.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Rythmol SR (propafenose hydrochloride extended release capsules) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about propafenone (Rythmol SR)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to propafenone, or if you have untreated or uncontrolled congestive heart failure, a heart condition called "sick sinus syndrome" or "AV block" (unless you have a pacemaker), slow heartbeats or severely low blood pressure, an electrolyte imbalance, or a breathing disorder such as asthma.
Before you take propafenone, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure, liver or kidney disease, lupus, arthritis, myasthenia gravis, or if you have had a heart attack within the past 2 years.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as weak pulse, slow breathing, feeling like you might pass out, feeling short of breath, swelling, rapid weight gain, pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, confusion, unusual thoughts or behavior, or seizure.
Additional Rythmol SR Information
- Rythmol SR Drug Interactions Center: propafenone oral
- Rythmol SR Side Effects Center
- Rythmol SR Overview including Precautions
- Rythmol SR FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Rythmol SR - User Reviews
Rythmol SR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.