- What other names is Saffron known by?
- What is Saffron?
- How does Saffron work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Saffron.
Possibly Effective for...
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Asthma, insomnia, cancer, hardening of the arteries due to fatty plaques, cough, stomach gas, premature ejaculation, baldness, pain, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Saffron work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.