In this Article
- What other names is SAMe known by?
- What is SAMe?
- Is SAMe effective?
- How does SAMe work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for SAMe.
Do not use SAMe if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have bipolar disorder.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.