Sanctura XR Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- What are the possible side effects of trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- What is the most important information I should know about trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- How should I take trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Sanctura XR)?
- What happens if I overdose (Sanctura XR)?
- What should I avoid while taking trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- What other drugs will affect trospium (Sanctura XR)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking trospium (Sanctura XR)?
You should not use trospium if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
- untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma;
- a blockage in your digestive system; or
- if you are unable to urinate.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether trospium will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
To make sure you can safely take trospium, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- a stomach or intestinal disorder such as ulcerative colitis;
- a muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis; or
- an enlarged prostate.
It is not known whether trospium passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Older adults may be more likely to have side effects from this medicine.
How should I take trospium (Sanctura XR)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take trospium on an empty stomach, at least 1 hour before a meal. Extended-release trospium (Sanctura XR) should be taken once each morning, at least 1 hour before a meal.
Do not crush, chew, break, or open an extended-release capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Sanctura XR Information
Sanctura XR - User Reviews
Sanctura XR User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.