In this Article
- What other names is Sarsaparilla known by?
- What is Sarsaparilla?
- How does Sarsaparilla work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Sarsaparilla.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of sarsaparilla during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Asthma: Exposure to sarsaparilla root dust can cause runny nose and the symptoms of asthma.
Kidney disease: Sarsaparilla might make kidney disease worse. Avoid sarsaparilla if you have kidney problems.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.