In this Article
- What other names is Sassafras known by?
- What is Sassafras?
- How does Sassafras work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Sassafras.
Sassafras is UNSAFE for children. A few drops of sassafras oil may be deadly.
Do not take sassafras if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a urinary condition, such as a urinary tract infection (UTI).
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Sassafras might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.