Scalp Psoriasis (cont.)
Gary W. Cole, MD, FAAD
Dr. Cole is board certified in dermatology. He obtained his BA degree in bacteriology, his MA degree in microbiology, and his MD at the University of California, Los Angeles. He trained in dermatology at the University of Oregon, where he completed his residency.
William C. Shiel Jr., MD, FACP, FACR
Dr. Shiel received a Bachelor of Science degree with honors from the University of Notre Dame. There he was involved in research in radiation biology and received the Huisking Scholarship. After graduating from St. Louis University School of Medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency and Rheumatology fellowship at the University of California, Irvine. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
In this Article
- What is scalp psoriasis?
- What is the cause of scalp psoriasis?
- What are scalp psoriasis symptoms and signs?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose scalp psoriasis?
- What are topical treatments and home remedies for scalp psoriasis?
- What are office treatments for scalp psoriasis?
- What are systemic treatments for psoriasis?
- What is the prognosis of scalp psoriasis? Is there a cure?
- Are there support groups for individuals with psoriasis?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
What is the prognosis of scalp psoriasis? Is there a cure?
Since psoriasis is incurable unless there is a miraculous spontaneous resolution, those afflicted need to remember that constant care is required to keep it controlled. With diligent attention, scalp psoriasis can be controlled.
Are there support groups for individuals with psoriasis?
Patient support groups like the National Psoriasis Foundation are valuable additions to medical care that can aid individuals dealing with the disease.
Kircik, L.H., and S. Kumar. "Scalp Psoriasis." J Drugs Dermatol 9.8 Aug. 2010: s101-5.
Wong, Jillian W., Faranak Kamangar, Tien V. Nguyen, John Y.M. Koo. "Excimer Laser Therapy for Hairline Psoriasis: A Useful Addition to the Scalp Psoriasis Treatment Algorithm." Skin Therapy Lett 17.5 May 2012: 6-9.
Find out what women really need.