May 3, 2016
Table of Contents
- Sciatica facts
- What is sciatica?
- What are causes of sciatica?
- What are risk factors for sciatica? What are sciatica symptoms?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose sciatica?
- Which health-care specialties treat sciatica?
- What are treatment options for sciatica?
- What are treatment options for sciatica? (Continued)
- Are there home remedies and exercises for sciatica?
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for patients with sciatica? Is it possible to prevent sciatica?
- Sciatica is nerve pain from irritation of the sciatic nerve.
- The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body.
- Sciatica pain is typically felt from the low back to behind the thigh and radiating down below the knee.
- Treatments for sciatica depend on the underlying cause and the severity of the pain. Continue Reading
1/8Reviewed on 2/10/2016
Next: What is sciatica?
Back Pain Resources
- Low Back Pain? It Could Be Your SI Joint
- When to Take More Pain Meds
- Is It a Headache or a Migraine?