Table of Contents
- Sciatica facts
- What is sciatica?
- What are causes of sciatica?
- What are risk factors for sciatica? What are sciatica symptoms?
- How is sciatica diagnosed?
- What are treatment options for sciatica?
- What are treatment options for sciatica? (Continued)
- What is the outlook (prognosis) for patients with sciatica? Is it possible to prevent sciatica?
How is sciatica diagnosed?
Sciatica is diagnosed with a physical exam and medical history. The typical symptoms and certain examination maneuvers help the health-care professional to diagnose sciatica. Sometimes, X-rays and other tests, such as CT scan, MRI scan, and electromyogram, are used to further define the exact causes of sciatica. Continue Reading
Back Pain Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication