Definition of Chorea
Chorea: Ceaseless rapid complex body movements that look well coordinated and purposeful but are, in fact, involuntary.
Chorea was thought suggestive of a grotesque dance. The term "chorea" is derived from the Greek word "choreia" for dancing (as is choreography).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
Get breaking medical news.