Definition of Spasm, nictitating
Spasm, nictitating: Spasm of the eyelid with continuous winking.
To nictitiate is to wink. "Nictitate" and the older verb "nictate" both come from the Latin word for winking, "nictare."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.