Definition of Antimicrobial medication
Antimicrobial medication: A drug used to treat a microbial infection.
The term "antimicrobial" is a general one that refers to a group of drugs that includes antibiotics, antifungals, antiprotozoals, and antivirals.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.