Definition of Bone, zygomatic
Bone, zygomatic: The bone that forms the prominence of the cheek.
The zygomatic bone is also known as the zygoma, the zygomatic arch, malar bone, yoke bone.
The word "zygomatic" comes from the Greek "zygon" meaning a yoke (as for oxen).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence