Definition of Bone, collar
Bone, collar: A horizontal bone above the first rib that makes up the front part of the shoulder.
The collarbone, also called the clavicle, links the sternum, or breastbone, with the scapula, a triangular bone in the back of the shoulder.
The collarbone ends at the sternum, forming one side of the sternoclavicular joint. It ends at the shoulder forming one side of the acromioclavicular joint.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence