Definition of Spot, blind
Spot, blind: In ophthalmology, a blind spot is:
- A small area of the retina where the optic nerve enters the eye; this type of blind spot occurs normally in all eyes.
- Any gap in the visual field corresponding to an area of the retina where no visual cells are present; this type of blind spot is associated with eye disease.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
Find out what women really need.