Definition of Muscle, ciliary
Muscle, ciliary: A circular muscle that relaxes or tightens the zonules to enable the lens to change shape for focusing.
The zonules are fibers that hold the lens suspended in position and enable it to change shape during accommodation.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.