Definition of Central retinal vein
Central retinal vein: The blood vessel that carries blood away from the retina of the eye.
The counterpart to the central retinal vein is the central retinal artery, the blood vessel that carries blood into the eye and supplies nutrition to the retina.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.