Definition of Blind
Blind: 1. Unable to see. Without part or all of the sense of sight.
2. In a clinical trial, not to know the treatment given or received. The participant is not told whether they are in the experimental or control arm of the study. Also called masked.
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.