Definition of Broca's area
Broca's area: An area of the cerebral motor cortex in the frontal lobe of the brain that is responsible for speech development. Damage to Broca's area can cause speech disorders, including apraxia and dyspraxia of speech.
See also Apraxia of speech, Dyspraxia of speech.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.