Definition of Sturge-Weber syndrome
Sturge-Weber syndrome: A congenital, but not inherited, disorder that affects the skin, the neurological system, and sometimes the eyes. The main sign of Sturge-Weber syndrome is a port wine stain birthmark. Neurological symptoms may include seizures and developmental delay. Also known as encephalotrigeminal angiomatosis.
See also port wine stain.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/30/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.