Definition of Syphilis, congenital
Syphilis, congenital: Infection of a fetus or newborn with syphilis. Syphilis in a fetus can cause deformity, particularly of the long bones, or death. Syphilis infection acquired at birth is also dangerous.
See also TORCH infection.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
Find out what women really need.