Definition of Ascending pathway
Ascending pathway: A nerve pathway that goes upward from the spinal cord toward the brain carrying sensory information from the body to the brain.
In contrast, descending pathways are nerve pathways that go down the spinal cord and allow the brain to control movement of the body below the head.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.