The Polio Vaccine (cont.)
In this Article
- What is Polio?
- Why get vaccinated against Polio?
- Who should get the polio vaccine?
- Some people should not get the IPV vaccine or should wait.
- What are the risks from the polio vaccine?
- What if there is serious reaction?
- The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
- How can I learn more?
The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
In the rare event that you or your child has a serious reaction to a vaccine, there is a federal program that can help pay for the care of those who have been harmed.
For details about the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, call 1-800-338-2382 or visit the program's website at www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation
How can I learn more?
- Ask your provider. They can give you the vaccine package insert or suggest other sources of information.
- Call your local or state health department.
- Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Call 1-800-232-4636 (1-800-CDC-INFO)
- Visit the CDC's travelers' health website at wwwn.cdc.gov/travel
- Visit CDC's website at www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/ncephalitis/index.htm
Last Editorial Review: 3/5/2010 10:30:52 AM
Find out what women really need.