The Shingles Vaccine (cont.)
In this Article
- What is shingles?
- The shingles vaccine
- Some people should not get the shingles vaccine or should wait.
- What are the risks from the shingles vaccine?
- What if there is a moderate or severe reaction?
- How can I learn more?
What is the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program?
A federal program exists to help pay for the care of anyone who has a serious reaction to a vaccine.
For more information about the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, call 1-800-338-2382 or visit their website at www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation.
How Can I Learn More?
- Ask your provider. They can give you the vaccine package insert or suggest other sources of information.
- Call your local or state health department.
- Contact the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Call 1-800-232-4636 (1-800-CDC-INFO) or
- Visit CDC's website at www.cdc.gov/vaccines.
Last Editorial Review: 3/5/2010 12:00:43 PM
Find out what women really need.