Definition of Heparin, low-weight
Heparin, low-weight: A newer form of the drug heparin (brand name: Lovenox, Fragmin) that has a lower molecular weight than normal heparin. Fewer blood tests are needed, and it may be . superior to regular (unfractionated) heparin in cases of unstable angina and other cardiac diseases.
See also heparin.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.