Definition of Cheilitis
Cheilitis: Inflammation of the lips or of a lip. Cheilitis can also be spelled chilitis.
Angular cheilitis is inflammation and fissuring radiating from the commissures (angles) of the mouth secondary to predisposing factors such as nutritional deficiencies, atopic dermatitis, or Candida albicans (yeast) infection. Also called angular stomatitis, commissural cheilitis, or perlèche.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Weight Loss Wisdom
Get tips, recipes and inspiration.