Definition of Meningitis, aseptic
Meningitis, aseptic: Inflammation of the meninges that is not caused by bacterial infection. Viral meningitis is the most common cause of aseptic meningitis, but other causes include systemic lupus erythematosus, cancers, Behcet's disease, medications, and others.
See also meningitis, viral.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.