Definition of Meningitis, neoplastic
Meningitis, neoplastic: A condition due to cancer that has spread from the original (primary) tumor to the meninges, the tissue covering the brain and spinal cord.
The term is a misnomer because the condition is not inflammatory. It is more properly called meningeal carcinoma or meningeal metastases.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get breaking medical news.