Definition of Unconscious
Unconscious: 1. Interruption of awareness of
oneself and one's surroundings, lack of the ability to
notice or respond to stimuli in the environment. A person
may become unconscious due to oxygen deprivation, shock,
central nervous system depressants such as alcohol and
drugs, or injury.
2. In psychology, that part of thought and emotion that happens outside everyday awareness.
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence