Definition of Uterus, tipped
Uterus, tipped: A slight to dramatic placement
of the uterus that orients it toward the back. A tipped uterus is common and usually causes no
difficulty. In severe cases, it can affect choice of birth control method and cause pain in the pelvic area, especially during intercourse. Also known as uterine retroversion.
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.