Definition of Androphobia
Androphobia: An abnormal and persistent fear of men. Sufferers experience anxiety even though they may realize they face no real threat.
"Androphobia" is derived from the Greek "andros" (man) and "phobos" (fear). "Andro-" enters into a number of other biomedical terms such as, for example, androgen (a male sex hormone like testosterone) and an android pelvis (a pelvis shaped like a man's).
Terms pertinent to androphobia include gynephobia, an abnormal and persistent fear of women; and pedophobia, an abnormal and persistent fear of babies and children.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get tips on therapy and treatment.