Definition of Microdosimetry
Microdosimetry: A technique for measuring the microscopic distribution of energy, useful with different types of radiation.
Microdosimetry provides the scientific underpinnings for the measurement of radiation. It is vitally important to both radiation therapy and radiation protection.
The prefix "micro-" is derived from the Greek "mikros" meaning small. It diminishes whatever it precedes.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence