Definition of Major anomaly
Major anomaly: An unusual anatomic feature that is of serious medical or cosmetic consequence to the patient. For example, a major anomaly might be a cleft lip and palate.
By contrast, a minor anomaly is an unusual anatomic feature not of serious medical or cosmetic consequence to the patient. For example, a minor anomaly might be curvature of the second toe so it overlaps the third toe.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.