Definition of Lycanthropy
Lycanthropy: The delusion that one has become a wolf or the werewolf transformation.
Werewolf myths were associated with the phases of the moon. The werewolf was thought to take over when the moon was full.
The word "lycanthropy" is from the Greek "lykos," meaning "wolf" + "anthropos" meaning "human being."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence