Definition of Smokeless tobacco
Smokeless tobacco: Tobacco that is not smoked but used in another form such as chewing tobacco or snuff. Cancers of the oral cavity (mouth, lip, tongue) have been associated with the use of chewing tobacco as well as snuff. The tumors often arise at the site of placement of the tobacco.
Smokeless tobacco was formally classified as a "known human carcinogen" by the US government in 2000. See also: Tobacco.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get tips, treatments, & motivation.