Definition of Tobacco smoking
Tobacco smoking: The direct inhalation of tobacco smoke, the basis of major health hazards.
Long known to cause cancer in humans, tobacco smoking is generally held to be the leading preventable cause of cancer in developed countries. Tobacco smoking was formally classified as a "known human carcinogen" by the US government in 2000.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get tips, treatments, & motivation.