Definition of Morning sickness
Morning sickness: Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.
Morning sickness is a misnomer, because it can occur at any time of the day (though not at night during sleep) and it is not a sickness. It is a normal characteristic of early pregnancy.
Morning sickness is now believed to be a good thing since it appears associated with a reduced risk of miscarriage and a greater chance that the pregnancy will have a healthy outcome.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.