Definition of Belt, seat
Belt, seat: A belt used to hold an individual in their seat.
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for teenagers in the United States. Over 70% of those killed were not wearing seat belts. Seat belts can help reduce death and injury by up to 60%.
Using a shoulder belt without a lap belt can leave one at greater risk for some injuries than wearing no seat belt at all. Chest and abdominal injuries are more than twice as common among those who wear shoulder but not lap belts than among those with no belts.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence