Definition of Breast development, early
Breast development, early: The beginning of breast development at puberty is known medically as thelarche. It is now a normal event at an earlier age (e.g., age 8) than in the past.
The term thelarche comes from two Greek words: "thele," nipple + "arche," beginning. Thelarche is frequently (and incorrectly) written without the "h" as telarche.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.