Definition of Poisoning, alcohol
Poisoning, alcohol: A condition in which a toxic amount of alcohol (ethanol, ethyl alcohol) has been drunk, usually in a short period of time. The toxicity is related to the blood level of the alcohol.
The individual may become extremely disoriented, unresponsive or unconscious, with shallow breathing.
Because alcohol poisoning can be fatal, emergency treatment is needed.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- FDA Approves Daclizumab (Zinbryta ) for Multiple Sclerosis
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
Find out what women really need.