Definition of Hg
Hg: Symbol for the metallic element mercury.
The abbreviation "mm Hg" means millimeters of mercury, the height of a column of mercury, as in a blood pressure reading.
Mercury is poisonous to people. See Mercury poisoning.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Drug Medical Dictionary of Terms by Letter
Medical Dictionary Term:
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence