Definition of Control (genetic)
Control (genetic): The control of gene expression.
Genetic control may be on the transcriptional or translational level. Transcriptional control works by controlling the number of RNA transcripts of a region of DNA, indirectly controlling protein synthesis. Translational control of protein synthesis works by regulating the step of translating RNA into protein.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Find out what women really need.