ADHD Prescription Medications (cont.)
Louise Chang, MD
Dr. Chang completed her undergraduate degree at Stanford University and attended medical school at New York Medical College. She completed her internal medicine residency at Saint Vincent's Hospital in New York City, where she also served as a chief resident from 2001-2002. Dr. Chang is board-certified in internal medicine.
In this Article
- What are ADHD medications and how do they work?
- For what conditions are ADHD medications used?
- What are the different types of ADHD drugs?
- Are there differences among ADHD drugs?
- What are the side effects of ADHD drugs?
- What are the warnings/precautions when using ADHD drugs?
- What are the drug interactions of ADHD drugs?
- What are some examples of ADHD drugs?
What are some examples of ADHD drugs?
- Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, dextrostat, Dexedrine Spansule)
- Lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (Vyvanse)
- Mixed amphetamine salts (Adderall, Adderall XR)
- Ritalin, Ritalin LA, Ritalin SR
- Methylin, Methylin ER
- Metadate ER, Metadate CD
- Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin, Focalin XR)
www.nida.nih.gov (national institute on drug abuse)
Last Editorial Review: 8/7/2009
Find out what women really need.