Definition of Parasplenic
Parasplenic: Located near or alongside of the spleen. This is a term defining an anatomic position
The spleen is an organ located in the upper left part of the abdomen the stomach. The spleen produces lymphocytes, filters blood, serves as a major reservoir for blood and destroys blood cells that are aged.
The prefix "para-" comes straight from the Greek and has a number of meanings including near, alongside of, and beside.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.