Definition of Hematochezia
Hematochezia: Bright red blood in the stool, usually from the lower gastrointestinal tract -- the colon or rectum -- or from hemorrhoids.
The term "hematochezia" is rarely used. "Bright red blood in the stool" is more widely used (and understood).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence
Get the latest treatment options.