Definition of Therapeutics
Therapeutics: In medicine, the branch that deals specifically with the treatment of disease and the art and science of healing.
In pharmacology, therapeutics accordingly refers to the use of drugs and the method of their administration in the treatment of disease.
The word comes from the Greek "therapeia" meaning "a service, an attendance" the related verb being "therapeuo" meaning "I wait upon."Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 5/13/2016
Top RxList Drug News
- First US Case of E coli Resistant to Last-Resort Antibiotic
- FDA Approves Afstyla for Adults, Children With Hemophilia A
- FDA Approves New Diagnostic Imaging Agent to Detect Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Drug Targeting Blood-Brain Barrier 'Hopeful' in Stroke
- FDA Approves Probuphine Implant for Opioid Dependence